Business Owners Policy (BOP) in Decatur, AL
Business Owners Policy (BOP) Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Business Owners Policy Quote Form
A business owner’s policy (BOP) provides three combined business insurance policies to offer a discount on premiums. This coverage may be ideal for certain small and medium-sized businesses. Not every company can purchase a BOP, however.
Talk with the Akin and Associates agents serving the Decatur and Cullman, Alabama, areas to learn whether a BOP may work for your organization and determine if you are eligible to purchase this specialized type of insurance.
What Is a Business Owners Policy?
A BOP combines property and liability insurance with business income coverage at a discount for eligible companies. This basic coverage may not fully meet your organization’s insurance needs, but you can tailor the coverage with help from your agent.
What Insurance Coverage Is Included With a BOP?
A typical BOP includes:
- General liability insurance helps cover third-party property damage and injuries for which your organization is legally liable.
- Business property insurance helps pay to repair or replace your company’s buildings and structures on your business property after a covered event like a storm or fire.
- Business income insurance helps cover everyday bills if you must temporarily close to allow for repairs after a covered event.
Your BOP may not provide coverage for many risks your company faces. Your agent may recommend that you tailor your BOP coverage by adding some of the following policies:
- Commercial auto insurance
- Data breach insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Inland marine insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI)
- Equipment breakdown coverage
- Products/completed operations liability insurance
- Umbrella liability insurance
Your agent can talk with you about your insurance options and help you build a business insurance package to help provide appropriate financial protection for your company.
How Much Does a Business Owner’s Policy Cost?
Your company may pay less for a BOP than it would if you purchased the same coverage with separate policies. Insurers set criteria for BOPs. If you are eligible to purchase this policy, your insurance company may use information about the following to determine your premiums:
- The size of your operation
- Your industry
- Your location
- Your company’s property value
- Your prior claims history
- The number of employees that work for your company
Insurers also use information about the coverage you choose to help determine your premiums, including:
- Your policy deductibles
- Your coverage limits
- Whether you choose replacement cost (RC) or actual cash value (ACV) coverage
Learn More About BOPs
Contact the agents at Akin and Associates today to learn more about how a BOP may help your company get essential business insurance coverage and get a quote.