Most business owners can benefit from investing in a general liability insurance policy to help protect their property and assets. There are many risks to running a business, so it’s critical to have insurance coverage.
What Is Commercial General Liability Insurance?
A commercial general liability policy helps cover a business from claims that it caused bodily injury or property damage to a third party. It may also cover personal and advertising injury liability. If a business does not have general liability insurance, it must pay for potentially costly claims out of pocket.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance typically includes the following four types of coverage:
1. Property damage coverage may help pay for expenses if your business is responsible for damages to someone else’s property.
2. Bodily injury coverage may help pay for medical bills if someone is hurt in your place of business or if your business operations are otherwise responsible for their injuries.
3. Product liability coverage can help pay for costs associated with selling, manufacturing or distributing a product that injures a customer or causes damage to their property.
4. Advertising and personal injury coverage may help cover defense costs if you are sued for copyright infringement, for making false claims or for libel or slander.
How Much Is General Liability Insurance?
The cost of general liability insurance varies from business to business based on the following factors:
- The type the business
- The claim’s history of the business
- The size of the business
Discussing your general liability insurance needs with a qualified insurance provider is essential. They can help ensure you have the right coverage for your organization.
Commercial General Liability Insurance Quote in Decatur, AL
If you want an accurate quote for commercial general liability insurance, contact Akin & Associates Inc. We can help you get the coverage you need for your business to operate confidently and with peace of mind.
When Is General Liability Insurance Required?