Drivers have many responsibilities when it comes to driving and insuring. While driving defensively and avoiding distractions is one important duty for a driver, this can’t avoid every accident. That is why you must have a reliable and comprehensive auto insurance policy in place to cover yourself, your passengers and everyone else involved.
Akin and Associates, Inc. works with drivers across Alabama to provide affordable auto insurance policies tailored for your needs. To us, you aren’t just a number. We’ll work one on one with you to evaluate your risks as a driver and tailor a policy for your needs and budget.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
In general, we recommend most drivers carry a full coverage auto insurance policy to cover all of their possible damages both on and off the road. A full coverage auto insurance policy simply refers to the highest amount of coverage you can have on your vehicle. These policies often include:
- Comprehensive Coverage provides compensation for damages to your vehicle caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, falling objects, theft, vandalism and more.
- Collision Coverage provides compensation for damages to your vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage that you may cause someone else while operating the insured vehicle.
- Medical Payments Coverage provides compensation for injuries you and your passengers may sustain after an accident, no matter who caused the accident. This type of insurance can help with medical bills as well as lost wages in case you or your passengers are unable to work due to the injury.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist covers damages and injuries that occur in an accident involving another driver who is not carrying proper insurance at the time of the accident.
- Roadside Assistance helps with the expenses related to trip interruptions, such as running out of gas or needing to be towed.
When is Auto Insurance Required?
Auto insurance is required for every driver, although requirements vary per state. In Alabama, for example, drivers must carry at least:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage liability
Minimum liability requirements don’t cover everything, however. Liability insurance will only cover damages and injuries you may cause, not those you might suffer, which is why we recommend full coverage.
Insure Your Vehicle Today
Common Auto Insurance Questions
How Far Does Car Insurance Look Back?
Most insurers look back around three to five years on your driving record. Keep in mind that different violations may remain on your record for extended periods of time.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost?
The cost of auto insurance varies depending on several factors, some of which may be out of your control.
How is Auto Insurance Calculated?
Auto insurance premiums are calculated based on your age, gender, driving record, credit score, coverage limits, the value of the vehicle and more. Fill out a quote form to find out how much you can save on auto insurance.
Why is Auto Insurance Important?
Aside from being legally required, auto insurance is crucial for keeping yourself and your passengers safe on the road. Without auto insurance, you could face expenses such as medical bills and even lawsuits all out of pocket after an accident.
We serve Cullman, Decatur, Priceville, Harstelle, Moulton, Madison, Huntsville, Town Creek, Courtland, Faulkville, Vinemont, Hillsboro, Athens, Rogersville, Hanceville, Arley, Addison, Eva, Union Hill, Somerville, and the surrounding communities in Northern Alabama.