Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational vehicles (RVs) are homes on wheels, carrying you and your belongings wherever you want to live on the road. And just like any other type of dwelling, you want to ensure your traveling home and personal property are appropriately protected. An RV insurance policy can provide the essential protection you need.
How Does RV Insurance Work?
When you purchase your RV insurance, you may select from various types of coverage, including liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist and even RV towing insurance. Generally, the more coverage you buy, the higher your insurance premium.
What Kind of RV Insurance Do I Need?
Your exact RV policy will depend on your unique needs. RV insurance should correspond to your individual driving and property risks. Some of the coverage you may decide to carry includes:
- Liability insurance—Insures you against damage you cause to others if you are atfault in an accident.
- Bodily injury liability coverage pays for their medical bills (and, in some cases, deaths).
- Property damage liability pays for damage to the other driver’s property, such astheir vehicle.
- Collision insurance—Covers damage to your RV after an accident.
- Comprehensive insurance—Pays for vehicle damage from non-accident mishaps, such asweather damage.
- Medical coverage—Pays for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance—Insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
- Campsite and vacation coverage—Covers liabilities associated with using your RV as a vacation property.
- Full-time residence insurance—If you live in the RV permanently, this is coverage you may want to add.
Other coverage offers help for roadside assistance, rental car coverage and expenses protection such as emergency hotel bills. Please talk with us further about available coverage options. You’ll want the appropriate protection during travel and stationary periods, and we can help tailor your protection to meet these requirements.
How Much Is RV Insurance?
The cost of your RV insurance policy depends on various factors, including the type of RV, the amount of use and your driving experience. Akin & Associates Insurance Group can help you create a policy that meets your unique needs.
How We Can Help
Get your personalized RV coverage today at Akin & Associates Insurance Group. Call us at 256-355-8500 to get started.